We, at eTeacher Ltd. (“Company” “we”, “our” or “us”) have developed and operates Tekkie Uni, an online e-learning platform for children to acquire the skills of the future through enjoyable, enriching learning methods (the “Service”).
This Online Notice describes the Service’s information practices regarding information collected from children enrolled in online courses on the Service. It is provided to you according to the U.S. federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and its regulations (COPPA). This notice applies to information collected from the child’s use of the Service in respect of the course he or she is presently enrolled to, and in respect of courses he or she may be enrolled to in the future.
Operators collecting or maintaining personal information from children through the Service
The following are operators who help us in the internal operation of the Service and who in doing so collect or maintain personal information from the children who use the Service:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- [Name of Call Center Provider]
- MeisterLabs GmbH
- Microsoft Corporation
- OwnCloud GmbH
- Intelitek, Inc.
For inquiries from parents concerning the operators’ privacy policies and use of children’s information, please contact eTeacher Ltd. at the address, phone number or email address listed below.
Information we collect from children and the ways we use it
We collect the following information from children, for the purposes explained below:
- During our onboarding call with the parent, we may, with the parent’s permission, speak with the child to obtain information regarding the child’s level of knowledge and skills in order to assess his or her suitability for a given course level.
- In response to technical or customer support requests by the child, we may obtain information to identify the child as an enrolled student (such as his or her first and last name), as well as technical information regarding the computing device that the child uses when interacting with the Service. This may include the device type and operating system and the device’s IP address. This information is used for the purpose of technical support and internal operation and administration of the Service.
- When the child logs on to an online lesson, he or she is asked to provide an email address. The email address is used only for the purpose of internal operation and administration of the Service.
- When the child logs to an online lesson, he or she is asked to provide a name or nickname. The entered name or nickname is presented to all other lesson participants during the lesson and is shown in the lesson’s recorded footage.
- At the child’s choice, he or she may enter chat messages on a lesson’s chat environment, which is presented to all other lesson participants during the lesson. When the child speaks during a lesson, whatever he or she says is heard by all other lesson participants during the lesson and is collected into the lesson’s recorded footage.
- When the child presents his or her coursework during a lesson, his or her webcam feed or screen share is presented to all other lesson participants during a lesson and is collected into the lesson’s recorded footage.
- At the child’s choice, he or she may add a profile image to his or her profile page on the Service. The image is used only for the purpose of maintaining the child’s profile page. As a parent, you may block your child uploading a profile image through your privacy settings dashboard on our Learning Management System (LMS).
- At the child’s choice, he or she may publish posts on the course’s forum. In addition, the child may upload files to a shared environment and can create brainstorming mind maps on MindMeister. The content of such posts, uploads, and mind maps, which may include personal information, is determined by the posting child. The posts, uploads and mind maps are used for the purpose of the course. Note that as a parent, you may block your child ability to post on the course’s forum through your privacy settings dashboard on our Learning Management System (LMS).
- The child receives the email address and telephone number of the course’s instructor. When the child communicates with the course’s instructor, he or she, at their choice, may communicate personal information concerning him or herself. That information is only used for the purpose of course instruction and administration.
- The child’s attendance information for the course and information concerning the child’s viewership of course materials. This information is used only for course instruction and administration purposes.
Enabling the child to make personal information publicly available
The child may make personal information available to the child’s fellow peers on the course in the following instances:
- The child’s name, his or her lesson chat messages, webcam feed, screen-share and voice feed, as explained above. These are exposed to all lesson participants during the lesson and afterward, by accessing the lesson’s recorded footage.
- Profile image that the child adds to his or her profile on the Service (if not blocked from doing so through the parent’s privacy settings dashboard).
- Posts published by the child on the course’s forum (if not blocked from doing so through the parent’s privacy settings dashboard).
- Files uploaded by the child to the shared environment of the course.
- Mind maps created by the child.
To whom we disclose information we collect from children
The information outlined above in “Enabling the child to make personal information publicly available” is disclosed to the child’s fellow peers on the course.
Parental rights regarding the information we collect from children
As a parent, you may review or have the child’s personal information deleted. You may also refuse to permit further collection of the child’s information, in which case we will remove your child from the course and block him or her from participating in the course.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us through any one of the channels listed below.
You may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 1-800-316-3783.
Effective date of the policy: February, 2018